Science and knowledge
More than 600 citizens visited the first “Night of Knowledge"
More than 600 citizens visited the first "Night of Knowledge" in Croatia which was held at VERN’ University last Friday, September 15th, eager to hear what does a member of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, a distinguished music conductor and professor at the Music Academy, an innovative professor of Architecture and many other renowned scientists and experts think about current topics in science, society and economy.
On this occasion VERN' University opened its doors from 6:00 pm to 11:30 pm to all interested visitors who was able to attend lectures from the field of medicine, astronomy, geopolitics, architecture, economics, etc.
Interesting topics and lectures were presented by:
- Professor Igor Rudan, PhD., from the University of Edinburgh ("Survival: the Past, the Present and the Future of the Human Kind"),
- music conductor and professor at the Music Academy Mladen Tarbuk ("How Folk Became a Turbo"),
- professor at the Faculty of Architecture, Idis Turato ("Right to a Creative Mistake"),
- lecturer from VERN' Mirela Holy, PhD. ("Guerrilla Marketing"),
- novelist Zoran Ferić ("Under the Knife - The Need of Contemporary Human for Continuous Change of Identity"),
- Ante Radonić from the Technical Museum of Zagreb ("The Space Era of Humanity"),
- Nino Raspudić, PhD. (“Does the Goal justify the Mean"),
- Goran Selanec, PhD. ("The Case of Uber – Legal Aspects of Sharing Economy in the EU"),
- Sandra Švaljek, PhD. ("Real Estate Tax"),
- Vlatko Cvrtila, PhD., Rector of VERN’ University ("New World Order").
Also, within the framework of VERN's documentary platform FORUM.dok, at the first "Night of Knowledge" visitors were able to attend projections of documentary movies “Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World”, “Trieste, Yugoslavia” and “Web Junkie”. Leisure time between lectures and projections visitors have used for touring around VERN’ or staying at chill-out zone, with the sound support of saxophone quartet SaKS and guitar trio Desfallaciendo.
More information about the first "Night of Knowledge" can be found at the Internet page www.noc-znanja.vern.hr.
Author of pictures: Petar Vučetić
Date of publication:
Key words: VERN-University