About the Study Program – Economy and Business Economy (doctoral)
Postgraduate university (doctoral) study program Economy and Business Economy of the Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka is conducted with the logistical support of VERN’, at VERN’s premises, based on the agreement between two institutions.
The postgraduate doctoral study program lasts for three years. Upon its completion the candidates obtain 180 ECTS credits and are awarded the academic title “doktor znanosti” (dr.sc.), an equivalent to the PhD academic title.
- The postgraduate doctoral study program provides a new form of postgraduate education that represents the completion of the vertical education of economists.
- The purpose of the doctoral program is to educate and train students for independent research and other activities which demand a scientific approach. The doctoral students will be able to conduct fundamental and applied research of high quality and in line with international standards.
- The doctoral program offers theoretical and methodological teaching and tutorship, which will introduce them to modern scientific achievements.
- The doctoral program fosters strategic partnerships between the Faculty, the University and the economy and due to the inclusion of part-time doctoral students it facilitates a gradual organization of research and development units within the economy.
- Finally, the program includes independent scientific projects, which result in doctoral dissertations of highest academic level.